Child lock

Can we lock TRVs on the app so children can't adjust them and activate the boiler.
24 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• It's in the 'fake' roadmap since more than two years....never implemented...they gave priority to vocal assistant support implementation...

• Agreed; a child lock is a very important safety feature too; not just for cost savings and comfort. It is all too easy for a child to turn the radiator valve to maximum, and potentially hurt themselves on a very hot radiator.

I would have thought this should be a top priority improvement for ALL users; V3 and V3+. Lately there have not been any changes that I have noticed to the V3 app.....

• In October my second child will born...how many child I must do before Tado implement child lock?

• German just suggested I add my name to this list. I'm more than happy to but it looks like this has been just an idea for a very long time.

Let's hope we see some action before the winter. ....
  • matvimatvi
    edited September 8
    Ridiculous it still doesn't have the child lock feature. When i bought tado a few years ago it was already on the roadmap and was convinced it would be on the device by the time i had a kid... He is almost 3 now.
  • It is ridiculous only because we are speaking about a very easy and stupid function that could require no more than 2 weeks of developing...but it seems that for Tado's deveolopers it is too difficult...

• 100% need this i was told it was coming about a year ago by Tado support
  • I chose tado knowing this was in their roadmap. Almost 3 years ago!