Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

Modify Limits of Room Temperature Control

Is it possible to modify the upper limit of the Heating Temperature in the Smart Thermostat (it is currently restricted to 25 degrees Centigrade)?

15 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I would like this too. I have a couple of rooms (bathrooms) where I want to be able to set higher temperatures than 25 degrees for short periods and no I do not want to mess with the 'offset' function thank you.

• I would also like to limit the maximum temp to 23 rather than 25
  • I would also need this feature, to limit the range the user can or not set via the physical device. the app should allow the super user to set the range.

• My kids are messing with the room control unit and setting the temperature to 25 degrees. I want to limit this ability and limit the maximum temperature to a more reasonable value.

• I have a zone with a tado thermostat and want to limit the maximum to below the current maximum

• +1 this is a need to have feature
  • +1 this is a need to have feature!

• Yes, this is highly necesarry. Silly that there is a limit at all!, as this is a personal preference (In my case the valve an termostat is placed behind sound absorbing material, that also is very effective insulation. SO when the room i 17 degree, the valve thinks its 25. Not it's fault, but annoying I can just turn up the heat

• If you want to set a lower limit, you can achieve this with IFTTT integration; just set up a rule that if temp is higher than 23 or whatever, set the temperature on Tado to 23 degrees.

Useful if someone in the house keeps turning it right up as they'll think it's turned up, but it isn't really.