w.Intercom = i;Cannot generate Matter credentials in Tado app — tado° Community

Cannot generate Matter credentials in Tado app

K_T
K_T

Hi!

I have an issue where I cannot generate Matter credentials in Tado app. When I was setting the system up, it was buggy and I had to add and remove the devices several times, but eventually I managed to generate Matter credentials. Now, however, there is no way for me to generate any - the option disappeared from the screen. Any suggestion why?

Comments

• martini
    martini Volunteer Moderator

Did you use Android to setup your devices?

I had the same issue that when setting up the devices, it was a 50:50 gamble if the "share device"-button (to generate new Matter credentials) was displayed or not within the tado app. That's also the reason why my room-counter is at 40 already, from adding and deleting the tado devices until the button showed.

That being said: I somehow must have reset/deleted the cache of my Google account on my Android device and with that all the matter credential generating buttons were gone, too.

You could try going into the Android Settings app and searching for "Matter". Before deleting the cache of my Google Play Services/Google Account, I was able to chose there between "My Home" and "This device", with the latter having a list of all the paired Matter devices including an option to share the device/create new Matter credentials.

But that being said: even when creating new credentials that way, I was not able to use them - not sure if my other Matter-stuff was just not working properly or if there is an option missing to put the tado devices back into pairing mode without factory resetting them…

• Thanks about the hints. Though in the Android settings I have 48 Tado devices - many of them seem to be duplicates. So I don't even know which one I should use.

As you said I had a mixed luck with getting the option available. But after I had to reset the app the matter sharing option is completely gone.

As to your point about ability to use the app generated credentials (when I still had that option) I struggled with adding some of the devices to Alexa and then to SmartThings. Eventually after multiple tries I managed to add all but one devices, though one of the Wireless Temperature Sensors refuses to be added to SmartThings...
  • Hi! I was wondering if anyone front Tado has any updates. It seems that there is an issue with credentials in general - is there a fix that can be implemented?