w.Intercom = i;Open Window Detection Accuracy — tado° Community

Open Window Detection Accuracy

Hello,

I have recently bought tado x and was disappointed by the open window detection.

• There should be a manual button to say that the window is opened
  • it shouldn't rely only on fixed changes of Humidity and Temperature ( Some spaces takes more time to lower the humidity and doesn't detect the window is opened)
  • when pushing the manual button to tell the app the window is opened, the app should learn how temp and humidity changes when window is opened in this room.
  • With these info each room with a thermostat sensor head should be customized and follow the learned pattern
  • No need for fancy AI stuff, Algorithm to save the data and average the changes to better detect the open window.

No size fits all should be implemented for several reasons:

• position of the heater in the room
  • position of the window in the room
  • the airflow depends on external factors

Thanks

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I found the accuracy of open window to be lesser for Tado X than for the legacy products. It's not a big issue for me as I disabled the feature for bathrooms and hallway but still it's a shame that it's not even as good as the previous generations.

Some time ago I suggested that Tado introduces additional devices (door/window sensors; occupancy sensors) to supplement the operations but it doesn't seem it's on the road map.