w.Intercom = i;Can't add Tado X devices to Google Home — tado° Community

Can't add Tado X devices to Google Home

Hi everyone,

I just installed Tado X and I have added all thermostats to the tado App. However I can't add them to Google home when following tado X official instructions (https://help.tado.com/en/articles/9184568-how-can-i-set-up-my-tado-x-devices-with-google-home):

In the tado° app:
Open the tado° app.

Select Settings > Rooms and devices and select the device that you want to add.

Scroll down and select Device linking.

The mentioned option Device linking is just not there in any of the devices. Or am I missing something?

I would like to avoid to do a factory reset and to first add to Google and then to tado as mentioned...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Joao
Tagged:

Comments

• Having the same issue, the option is not present in the app anywhere.

• I have te same issue. Because of this not alle to use the thermostat with google home.
  • Hi all, I've been able to add all devices (9 radiator thermostats, a bridge, and a central thermostat) in the tado app, and they work fantastic, I've also been able to add them to the Google home app via device linking, however they all show as offline. Removing and adding again does not help. I'd like to be able to build routines with my devices does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Thanks,
    Robin
  • As per the original poster, linking devices per the "instructions" is, quite literally, impossible. This needs addressing with some urgency please - you boast about compatibility with Google Home/Assistant - but utterly fail to deliver on that claim.

• Additional: original poster wishes to avoid a factory reset and then adding directly to Google. Note that yesterday (new user… hope I do not regret it!) I did just that. Thermostat indeed appeared in the Home app…. with wrong information displayed on it. Hence I removed it and now wish to link using the fictitious instructions - and cannot.

• I'm also unable to add the devices to Google Home, even if I followed the instructions and contacted support.