w.Intercom = i;How to wire wired v3+ thermostat to bulex thermomaster f29e in opentherm? — tado° Community

How to wire wired v3+ thermostat to bulex thermomaster f29e in opentherm?

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping to get some help with wiring my Tado V3+ thermostat to my Bulex ThermoMaster F29E using OpenTherm. I’ve searched through the community, YouTube, and Reddit for answers, but I’m still confused. I live in Belgium, so I have the EU version of both the thermostat and boiler.

We recently moved into our house, and since it’s getting colder, we wanted to fix the previously broken thermostat. After some research, we decided to go with Tado. I really like the app and instructions, but they didn’t seem to fully resolve the issue. I wasn’t able to get it working at all (you’ll see why in a bit 🥲).

I installed all the TRVs and set up the thermostat, only to find that the Bulex boiler was running at full blast constantly, which didn’t seem right. After troubleshooting the installation and doing some research, I opened the Bulex the next day to see what was happening. And—surprise!—the thermostat wires weren’t connected to the boiler at all 🥲😅. I assume the previous owners disconnected it because the original thermostat was broken and couldn’t be used. So, that explains why it wasn’t working—great, now I know!

However, now I’m not sure how to connect everything correctly. Being the instructions of tado only go so far as replacing the thermostat itself. I’d really appreciate any advice or second opinions on how to proceed.

The previous thermostat was a Honeywell CM907, connected as shown in the attached picture of the wiring label: A to L, B to N, and the ground wire wasn’t connected to anything.

Currently, the thermostat is connected as follows:
• Blue (N) to NO,
• Brown (L) to COM,
• Ground wire parked in P2.

I’ve also attached a picture of the current setup.

According to the Bulex manual, the OpenTherm terminals are 11 and 12, which is also labeled on the boiler (see pictures for reference).

I’ve included a few pages from the manual, wiring schemes, and pictures of the back of the circuit board and terminals. Hopefully, I’ve provided enough information for you to help me figure this out. I’m fairly handy, so with your advice, I’m hoping to fix this and avoid being cold this winter! 😂

Thanks in advance for your help and any advice from others reading this!