[Release] OpenTherm Max Flow Temperature setting
On 28.10.2022 we have added the option to set the maximum flow temperature for OpenTherm configured tado thermostats / Extension Kits / Wireless Receivers without contacting our support department.
From this moment forward, your installer will have the possibility to set the maximum flow temperature on V3/V3+ homes (your internet bridge has a serial number starting with IB) by following these steps:
- Download the "tado for installers" app in the Play or App store.
- Open the app, and scan the tado internet bridge of the correct account.
- Start a "system check" from the app.
- At the end of the system check, and if the tado thermostat is set to OpenTherm, it will be possible to adapt the maximum flow temperature.
- For some boiler, it will require a boiler reset (unplug the boiler for 30 minutes) for the new maximum flow temperature to become active.
Why has this feature not been released in the main tado app? After user research, it became clear that the feature might not be understood by the majority of users. And if the flow temperature was set too low, it would lead to additional support requests when the home was not able to heat sufficiently during the coldest days of the year. Therefore the decision (for now) is to make this feature only available to professionals using the tado professional app.
Each time I want to change the max water temperature settings of my heating system, I have to email tado. This takes time (usually a few days!), and also eats resources at tado's side.
I would like to have an advanced settings menu made available, where I can access these settings myself.
It will be benificial to both end users, and tado. Plus you could keep these settings hidden for less experienced/capable customers.