Copy and Paste schedules

Having a copy and paste option to set the same heating schedules for different zones would be really useful.

When you have multiple zones and wish to set up identical schedules across zones and days of the week it can be very time consuming and laborious when setting up.

49 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Having to create a schedule for each room is tedious and unmanageable. The ability to copy days and schedules would save a lot of time when creating the initial schedule for a new room. I've also got several rooms that require the same schedule, but need the independence to turn off the radiator just like original TRVs. Linking rooms together to have a common schedule yet keeping the TRVs independent is essential.

Are there plans to introduce a method to copy days and/or schedules? Also, are there plans to introduce a common schedule for different rooms? Many thanks.

• I'll second this idea. I have Tado TRV's on all my radiators and also find this a tedious process. The same applies at the times I like to switch temperatures down or up (Spring/Autumn). Doing so on a one my one basis is time consuming.

The ability to save a template(s) would be good or an alternative. These could then be applied to different TRV's. And would allow for the possibility of different templates for different seasons.
  • edited October 3
    +1 from me. We only have 2 zones and I found it tedious enough setting up mon-fri then separately Saturday and Sunday.

Having bought another tado for the underfloor heating zone I am wondering why there's not just a schedule group that I can add it to.
  • +1 from me too. Having to set separate schedules for each room is a pain. Need to be able to select rooms for a group schedule.
  • I want to be able to set all days the same apart from Wednesday. This takes ages at the moment as I have to enter each day manually. Please make simple change to app so I can copy schedule from one day to another. Even old wall thermostats do this!!
  • I want to be able to set all days the same apart from Wednesday. This takes ages at the moment as I have to enter each day manually. Please make simple change to app so I can copy schedule from one day to another. Even old wall thermostats do this!!
  • It would be indeed very useful! +1
  • I find it hard to understand why this is not even part of the stock app. Should not even need to be voted...

• Such an obvious and basic element of functionality that should exist

• Totally agree... come on Tado can this be done? A bit of development feed back from development would be good
  • Tado please provide template feature create template once and use the same where ever we want , don’t make your customer do donkey work when we want to change the schedule. This will also smake it easy for setting the schedule for winter and rest of year schedule.
  • This feature would be very useful when first setting up a multi-room Tado system, or making bulk changes to an existing schedule.

• Agree fully to the idea of a "template" or "profile" setting to manage the smart schedule for groups of Tado controllers:

• Same setting of smart schedule in similar zones - e.g. bath rooms, sleeping rooms, living & eating rooms, etc. - Setting each one up on it's own is a very tedious process and not at all user friendly.
    • Same is true, if you want to make a change, which applies to multiple rooms - e.g. increase morning temperature by 1 degree C.
    • Others might want to change the schedule frequently - e.g. if they have different work weeks. Here again you could save 1 Profile for week 1 and another Profile for week 2 and swap them much more easily.