Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

Launch a range extender or upgrade to mesh network

Tado ticks many boxes but it's behind the competition in its lack of signal booster / wireless repeater. I'm unsure whether to take the risk and buy the system for my relatively large stone house given the risk of radio dropouts. If I knew I could add a range extender if required, I'd have the confidence to buy. Perhaps an extender is a better option than using a mesh network which might drain batteries more quickly.

Whichever you do Tado, it would be great if you could make a statement now that it will be backwards compatible with the hardware currently on sale.

8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• People have been asking for that since I installed tado in 2017. I have one rad that is on the edge of the range (2 floors directly below the hub) that can flattens fresh batteries in less than a week as it's constantly trying to connect and only briefly manages it.

I like tado and think it's much better than not having it but the lack of movement since 2017 on a range extender makes me think it's not going to happen, so if you can work around it then go for it.