early start is starting far too early

I have my bathroom setup as a single zone; the morning part of the Smart Schedule is like this:

00:00-05:30 17ºC

05:30-07:30 17ºC

07:30-09:30 22ºC

Early Start option is enabled.

Away mode is set to Balance.

I have noticed, that the heating is starting to heat at around 05:00 reaching 22ºC within about 40 min, i.e. it starts more than 1.5 h too early.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• FrankFrank | Admin

Hi @mw9342

Could you contact support about this please? They might need to make an adjustment to better account for how quickly your heating system is able to increase the temperature. It looks like it is able to heat up a room much, much faster than average, so the algorithm is unable to compensate and adjust accordingly.

Best regards,

Frank

• Isn't this simply a known issue? On the Dutch Tweakers forum there have been complaints for a few years now around this topic:

Dutch support kind of confirmed (in early 2017) that this functionality is broken and that it won't get fixed, or as it's officially called: "it doesn't have high priority".

• mw9342mw9342 ✭✭✭

Hmm - that would be disappointing;I had expected that this kind of adaptive behaviour makes the system "smart". Anyway, I've opened a support case as suggested by Frank ...